|The Society was incorporated in 1976, with the following aims:
- To promote the love of music in all of its branches.
- To encourage and develop interest in the enjoyment of organ music through performances, concerts, recitals, recordings, broadcasts, lectures and the like.
- To encourage composers and performers of music especially of organ music.
- To publish writings on musicians, music and musical instruments, especially relating to organists, organ music and organs.
- To encourage the development of sound principles in the design, construction and installation of organs.
- To provide and encourage fellowship between all those having an interest in the aims of the Society.